Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mud Caves

 Mud.

Doesn't the word inspire the child within you to jump up and down with glee?

I got to play in the mud. And it was so epic, I'm dedicating a whole post to it.


 During our time in Yangshuo we decided to go to some mud caves. Our guide through the caves was great. I think her name was Tao.

 First we started touring Paradise cave ---
 which was basically a wonderland of colorful stalagmites.
 Yes. I crawled into the tiny cave. It was only... uh... maybe 2 point something meters wide.... I think.
 We descended a mighty staircase.
Told you it was mighty.

And then.... oh... then we came upon the mud. And we changed into out bathing suits... and oh.... oh... what a time we had.


The mud was watery... but definitely still mud. And you could float in it with absolutely no effort at all. Which was awesome. Excuse the lack of fun pictures... if you'd like to see more you'll have to check out facebook. But rest assured, a mud fight is now checked off my 101 list. And we did go down the slides. And basically we acted like we were 6 again. So great. So so so great.

Next to the mud there is a less muddy pool where you go to get as much mud off you as you can manage. And then after that you head over to a little underground waterfall to get more mud off.
And then once you are pronounced sufficiently de-muddy-i-fied.... then you can jump in the hot springs. Which are right next to the waterfall.

Something I want to go back and do again?

Holy crap the answer is YES.

I love mud!

1 comment: